Not really sure what you need suggestions on.  There are tons
of examples for querying MySQL databases from PHP out
there around the net, not to mention the php.net mysql
area itself.

Scott Novinger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would someone please offer some specific suggestions for the following?:
>
> 1.  I have several static web pages ready to be published on the
> internet.
>
> 2.  We have chosed PHP, MySQL and Apache as part of our development
> system.
>
> 3.  I would like to incorporate a PHP script into each static web page
> that queries a MySQL database.  This script will determine whether or
> not the person trying to view the page has the proper security
> privledges.
>
> If I need to explain this problem in more detail, please let me know.
> Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, you've not really given any amount of detail at all,
beyond describing about every web-based application out there
(aside from the PHP aspect of it).

You need to determine what the criteria are for determining security
privileges.
Translate those criteria into fields in a database.
Also translate the logic into PHP code.

That's about it.