On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 13:34, Jed R. Brubaker wrote:
> Hello all. I am looking to create script will detect the page from which the
> user just came so that after they do something on the current page (login)
> it will send them back to the page they wanted. I was thinking about
> $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], but php.net says:
>
> 'HTTP_REFERER'
>
> The address of the page (if any) which referred the user agent to the
> current page. This is set by the user agent. Not all user agents will set
> this, and some provide the ability to modify HTTP_REFERER as a feature. In
> short, it cannot really be trusted.
>
> Is this a big problem? Is there another technique I could use?
>
> Thank you all!

If a user takes the time to modify this, should it be a concern? If I
don't want you to know where I came from and made sure you didn't know,
what else can you possibly do aside from snoop? ;-)

I'd bet that 99.99% of the people who surf the net do not modify this so
the exception is very minimal.

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com