Is there any reason why values I attempt to set in .htaccess wouldn't work? this is what I have:

php_value auto_prepend /Users/jhaddad/Sites/oldirtyhaddad.com/public_html/connection.php
php_value include_path .:/Users/jhaddad/Sites/oldirtyhaddad.com/libraries

is there a server variable that might prevent values from being set?

Jon