Hello,

I m not saying the I.E. completely fixed the CSRF attacks, by only
allowing .jpg .gif .png files.
But it "might" be one possible way to minimize CSRF attack, just like
using POST vs GET can help minimize the chances of that attack.

BTW, using POST instead of GET does NOT guarantee that an CSRF attack will
not work, either.

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net <<< XHTML/DocBook XML Validator and Transformer

"Octavian Rasnita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
No Phone Info Available
08/16/2004 12:57 PM

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
"Jay Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject
Re: [PHP] CSRF attack not possible in I.E. 6.01 SP1?

Why is so important if Internet Explorer allows URLS of images where the
file name is only .jpg, .png, or .gif?

A url can be something like:

http://www.site.com/script.php/image.jpg?logout=true

Internet Explorer might think that the file is a .jpg and that script.php
is
a directory but only the target web server knows which is the program.
Or a PHP code might be contained in a "image.jpg" file.

Teddy

Teddy