Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Hi all,

I want to create an html cache of a page, like when that page is saved to
the disk and let the visitors download that static page and not a dynamic
one.
Of course, a dynamic PHP program will load that static page and display it,
but without need to connect to databases, to make calculations, etc.

The problem is that I don't know how to automaticly decide when it is the
right moment to update the cache and this is very important.
I get some data from a database and the PHP program doesn't know when the
database gets updated by another program, so it cannot create the cache for
that page immediately.
If I let the program check the database each time it is ran, this takes some
times, and it is like I would not use the cache at all.

Is it possible to use that kind of cache I want? (meaning... a kind of
static page saved).

Your exact requirement is pretty hard to match but torsten has made a good suggestion. I would suggest you use squid cache in httpd accelarator mode.

With either of these solutions you might still want to install turck mmcache to speed things up a might.

Thank you.

Teddy

--
Raditha Dissanayake.