Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to create a program that allow users to insert text into a
database, than that text to appear in a web page formatted as HTML.
It is simple to replace the end of line with <br />\n in order to format
that text as html, but I don't know how I could let the users to create
bulleted lists, tables, etc.

What you are looking for is a web based html editor - but they do not usually have a database plugged in at the back end. For that you will need to look at a wiki, a CMS or a blogging tool that combines an html editor. Media Wiki is one such project.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.