* Thus wrote Mauricio Pellegrini:

> It's a requisite that the compression library has to be zlib.
>
> I don't know how to do that.
>
> I guess I should reconfigure with
>
>         './configure'
>         '--with-mysql'
>         '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
>         '--with-zlib'
>         '-enable-dbase'
>
> then run ./make and ./make install
>
> But I'm afraid tha something could go wrong and end-up
> with a whole useless installation

These procdures should go without any flaws. If you're extra parnoid,
the best thing to do is back up your current stuff so incase there
is something wrong, you can restore them:

php module for apache should be located in:
  /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp.so

php config files:
  /usr/local/lib/php*.ini

php misc files (aka pear, headers, etc.):
  /usr/local/lib/php/*

And finaly the executables for php:
  /usr/local/bin/php*

HTH,

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!