<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> function clear_orderinfo() {
> >>   global $_SESSION;
> >>   unset($_SESSION["orderinfo"]);
> >>  }
> >>
> >> However this function doesnt seem to work and the session remains
> >> active, is
> >> there another way to clear a session?
>
> I'm not triffically experienced, but I do have notes on the subject.
> You're wanting to clear the whole session, right?
>
> $_SESSION=array();
> session_destroy();
>
> For specific variables, try assigning FALSE to it
> ($_SESSION['name']=FALSE; or 'unset' works for versions >=4.2.2. Otherwise
> use session_unregister. For me under 4.1.2 I had to set to null.
>
> HTH

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. I am using version 4.3.3 yet unset() doesn't
seem to work. To test this I have placed this line of code in my footer.php
file that appears at the bottom of every page:

echo 'load_orderinfo() = '.load_orderinfo();

Here is the load_orderinfo() function:

function load_orderinfo() {
  global $_SESSION;
  if (empty($_SESSION["orderinfo"])) {
   return false;
  } else {
   return $_SESSION["orderinfo"];

Before the $_SESSION["orderinfo"] is created the output in the footer reads:

load_orderinfo() =

When it has been created it reads:

load_orderinfo() = Object;

On the complete_order.php page where I call the clear_orderinfo() function
it goes back to:

load_orderinfo() =

but it on any subsequent page the output returns to:

load_orderinfo() = Object;

But after calling the clear_orderinfo() function surely the
$_SESSION["orderinfo"] should have been destroyed. I hope this makes sense!

Thanks for your help