Ok I found out that php is installed as an RPM so do activate mysql?

thanks

Angelo Zanetti
Z Logic
[c] +27 72 441 3355
[t] +27 21 464 1363
[f] +27 21 464 1371
www.zlogic.co.za
Angelo Zanetti wrote:
> so to include the mysql extensions to I have to reinstall PHP or can I
> simply just change the values in the PHP.ini file for the mysql
> entries?
>
> Thanks to those who responded

How did you install php?  RPM (or similiar package), or source?

If you installed from RPM, you can add the php-mysql rpm, and restart
your web server.  If you installed from source, you'll have to recompile
php (hopefully you're using apxs).

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek

Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911