I'm looking for a program that will run through a directory tree and parse
all the files (ideally by extension, like *.php, *.js, *.html, *.c) and give
me a formatted output (or HTML table or something useful).

It should include the //TODO of course, the path/file, the line(s), and
perhaps other things I'm overlooking. Maybe last time file changed/file
date, and possibly the comments immediately below the //TODO: (as sometimes
they take up more than a single line).

Anyone know of or have built something like this... That is before I go and
re-invent the wheel.

This recursively gets you file path/name, line number, the matching line and the 2 that follow it.

$ grep -HrnA 2 "TODO:" /path/to/code/root

--rick