On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 16:20, Michael Gale wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I am sure this has been asked more then a few times but ...

So why not search the archives then?  :)

> I have a web site where almost every page is dynamically
> created. So if at some point in the site if you hit your browsers back button a
> popup window occurs and asks if you want
> to resubmit the data. Upon clicking yes the page is properly displayed.
>
> That is a pain in the a$$ and I get many user complaints -- so far I have thought
> about saving the requested URL and
> query string in a session variable and loading a back button on every page.
>
> This seems to work create if the previous page can be loaded using a GET request but
> if the previous page was loaded
> using a HTTP POST it seems I an up the creek with out a paddle :(
>
> Any one have any ideas ...

Some options I've used previously, some kinda yucky I admit.

1) Use the GET method.  You can send data this way as long as the url
isn't very long.  Don't forget to urlencode() if required.

2) Add a 0 second meta refresh on the POST'd-to page.  If the user hits
back they will go to your intermittent page just after the form, not the
form page itself.

3) Use a header() call to send the user to a totally new page after the
POST.

--
Greg Donald