Miles Keaton wrote:

I just upgraded PHP from 5.0 to 5.0.1 on a FreeBSD box.

But unfortunately it seemed to break the regex features of mbstring

At startup and every time I try to run PHP I get this:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/local/lib/php/20040412/mbstring.so' -
/usr/local/lib/php/20040412/mbstring.so: Undefined symbol
"zif_mb_regex_encoding" in Unknown on line 0

Anyone heard of this problem or suggest a solution?

Gerard Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dont cross post your messages to other lists....
Most likely a FreeBSD problem, where you didn't read /usr/ports/UPDATING

Since I have no other platform to test on except FreeBSD, there is no
way to tell if it is a FreeBSD-only error, but I doubt it.   No
there's no news on it in the UPDATING file.

I feel it may actually be a PHP error with mbstring regex in the
newest PHP 5.0.1 - but won't know until another PHP user on another
platform gives it a try.

When I turn off the regex option of mbstring, PHP works without error
again.   Can someone else using PHP 5.0.1 try mbstring regex and see
if it works?

Ok, Ill give you the benifit of the doubt, and install php 5 locally and report back of if mbstring is having problems..
Reason why Im said it may be a FBSD problem is because I see you used portupgrade, which in my opinion, is too big of an axe to split match sticks, when coming to upgrade programs, and should be used with caution...