Hello,

I have a newbie question related to validating required Form fields.

Suppose we have a two-step user registration process with scripts
register1.php and register2.php, each page containing a set of required
and
non-required fields. In register1.php, when user submits the form, it
calls
register2.php as the action. In register2.php, I want to validate the
Form
values submitted by the user in register1.php and if any of the required
fields is missing a value, I want to re-dispaly the register1.php page
with
the appropriate error message.

What is the most appropriate way to handle this? Once the validation
fails
in register2.php, can I call register1.php with parameters? If so, how?
Or
do I use session variables to capture the error information?  How do I
redirect to register1.php from within the code execution of register2.php?

You may want to try this forms generation and validation class using hidden fields to pass validated data to next page.

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

You may also use in conjunction this multi-page forms class that seems to do more like what you need:

http://www.phpclasses.org/multipageforms

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos