> Tried installing PEAR. But "pear" is an unknown command after the
> install in my DOS box. There's no "pear.bat" file anywhere. There's an
> "pear.bat_old" file but no "pear.bat".

Last time I installed PHP on Win32, I didn't have to run any commands
to install PEAR. You just need to alter your include_path directive in
php.ini (it's fairly well documented in the comments in the file) to
point to the folder with PEAR.php in (e.g. C:\php\pear) and you'll be
able to do:

require 'PEAR.php';

without any problems. If you want to install any other modules
(provided they don't require any kind of Linux/Unix support) just
extract the zip files into the PEAR directory and they'll be picked
up. Most of PEAR (that I've used anyway) is just PHP files that you
include anyway.

Paul