It has to be in SOME file. Probably in your prepend file or one of the files that it
includes.

"Dre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<quote ----------------------------------------------------------------->
believe me the FIRST line in the file is <?php session_start();
NOTHING AT ALL exists before it.
but I still have the same error

"M. Sokolewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think you didn't read all instructions we gave. One of them was to
remove all spaces and/or newlines BEFORE the first <?php tag in your
file, to save it and try again.

anything before the <?php tag is considered HTML and thus output. Since
headers are always sent before the output is, they will be sent the
moment PHP notices the spaces and/or newlines. So, what happens is:

PHP starts processing
PHP encounters spaces and/or newlines
PHP sends headers to the browser
PHP sends those spaces and/or newlines to the browser
PHP notices the <?php tag, and such swithed to "parsing-mode"
PHP notices session_start(); and thus tries to send a cookie (a cookie
is actually one of the headers)
PHP notices that headers have already been sent! So it gives an error,
because it can't "get them back and send them after the cookie again".
<snip lots>