* Thus wrote I2eptileX:
> I don't get it, this is a real problem for me. This is a backward
> incompatibility that brakes a lot of things.
> You are allways whining about not being able to change the strange
> parameters from functions due to backwards incompatibility. There a
> simple alias function would do the trick, and make things better and for
> new programers much more logical.

I'm not sure who you're talking to.

> But now you do something like this, that makes absolutetly no sense to me.
> And your doku at the given site is wrong, because I could live with a
> warning, but I cannot live with an empty array due to an array merge.

This change actually fixes something that was broken. The function
is designed to accept multiple array's and merge them together; not
to take any value, if not array convert to an array,  then
merge the array's. What happens if you do something like:

  $var = 'scalar';
  echo current($var);

You can submit a documentation bug at http://bugs.php.net/.

> Can you at least explain me why it has been changed, before I go and
> change 150 lines of code, please?

 - Do some research.

   note:
   You might want to change your tone of you message, i doubt
   calling the developers 'whiners' is really going to help you get
   your questions answered.

Curt
--
The above comments may offend you. flame at will.