* Thus wrote Sam Hobbs:
> Using the code shown below, I get nothing from get_class_vars but I do get
> very useful results from get_class_methods. I realize that this is how it is
> supposed to be, but it would be useful to be able to get the property
> members of the class. The reason I want to see the properties of DOMDocument
> is because they are not documented. There are some methods of the
> DOMDocument class that exist in other implemntations of the DOM but not the
> PHP 5 implemntation. Probably the equivalent is available using properties
> to get data instead of methods. Due to the absence of documentation of the
> properties, it would help to have a function that shows the properties. I
> will look for the source code and I assume I can find the answer there, so I
> assume I don't need help with that. Unless there is some other function that
> will show the properties of a class in the manner I am looking for.

I dont think there are any properties for a DOMDocument. You might
want to look at the Reflection Class, You can get a lot more info
from class definitions:

Reflection::export(new ReflectionClass('DOMDocument'));

See:
http://php.net/oop5.reflection

Curt
--
The above comments may offend you. flame at will.