* Thus wrote [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Anyone have any good advice for an upgrade strategy from php4.3.6 to
> php5.0.1?  I have a MAC OSX 10.3.5 system that I use for my test machine and
> an Open BSD system for my production machine.  The production machine is
> also semi-managed hosting system (virtual server).  Can I expect my current
> 4.3.6 code to run on php5?

In most cases yes.  PHP5 was designed to be as backward compatible
to PHP4 as much as possible.

You may need to make some minor adjustments but the upgrade should
go rather smoothly.  When testing the upgrade, make sure your
error_reporting is E_ALL.

And be sure to read this:

  http://php.net/migration5

Curt
--
The above comments may offend you. flame at will.