From: Curt Zirzow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 10:17 AM
To: php php
Subject: Re: [PHP] fopen problem, 5 line script

* Thus wrote Mag:

Hi,
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here please?

<?php
$fileptr =
fopen("http://www.google.com/index.html","r";);

$contents = fread($fileptr, filesize($fileptr));

This is the error I get:
Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for Resource id #1
(errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/quickxxx/public_html/tpg/ check- remote.php on line 4

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater
than 0. in /
home/quickxxx/public_html/tpg/check-remote.php on line

filesize() relies on the fact that the file you opened has support for stat(). the http wrapper does not have such a thing.

see:
 http://php.net/filesize
 http://php.net/wrappers.http

Curt