* Thus wrote John Holmes:

> A later example implements ArrayAccess and IteratorAggregate and then
> says you can use count($A), but it doesn't work for my tests. It always
> returns 1.

That example i think is minor mistake. As noted in the example
above you have to call pass ->getIterator() to count(). count()
doesn't detect if the object if getIterator is present, its just
returns 1 since $A isn't an array.

BUT.. this works:

  echo count( (array)$A );

Yet, even if you use count($A->getIterator()) or cast the object,
the indexes (0,1,2) arn't defined, unlesss you redifine the
offsetGet() to get the proper one.

Curt
--
The above comments may offend you. flame at will.