Hi folks.  I've recently moved my site to a shared host, and this is the
first time I've had to set up my site in a really restrictive
environment, and I'm running into problems getting smarty installed.

Using the basic example set up from the Smarty docs, when I run the file
I get the following error:

Warning: main(Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in /home/virtual/site357/fst/var/www/html/smarty.php on line 4

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'Smarty.class.php'
(include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php:/home/pablogosse/smarty/')
in /home/virtual/site357/fst/var/www/html/smarty.php on line 4

Now, as you can see by the value of my include path, I've got the path
to smarty added, but it's still not finding the file even though
/home/pablogosse/smarty/Smarty.class.php does indeed exist.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?  As I said up until now I've
been lucky enough to always have access to dedicated servers where
setting this up was never a problem, but I know there's something I'm
missing in understanding why this isn't working.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers and TIA.

Pablo