Philip Thompson wrote:
Well, whenever I click on the link to export to excel (in IE), a "File Download" box pops up. It says the 'File name: toexcel.php' and the 'File type: ' (blank). It asks if I want to open or save. However, the File name should not be toexcel.php (that's the page), it should be 'project.xls'.

This is a known issue with IE. I think one workaround is to give the filename in the query string as the last variable, i.e.

toexcel.php?f=project.xls

You can just ignore $_GET['f'] in your code, but I think IE will pick that up as the filename when you send the download headers.

The error message I get whenever I try to Open or Save the file is: "IE cannot dowload toexcel.php from your.server.com. IE was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later." This is obviously not true b/c I can download from elsewhere.

Is this over SSL? I've had issues with this also and the solution was to change the session.cache_limiter value. It interfered with the download for some reason. A search of the archives should bring up some relevant threads.

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com