On 15/10/2004, at 2:46 AM, Jed R. Brubaker wrote:

Hi all - I am looking at using a dbm-style cache system and was wondering if
anyone has any recommendations from the plethora of systems listed here:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.dba.php
Is there a favorite?

I know if probably depends on what I want to do, so in short, I am looking
to create a temporary table that will be a composite of a ton of MySQL
queries (hence the reason I am not just querying). I have thought about just
creating a new database table to push my query results into, but I would
love to make it faster if possible. Am I hopelessly misguided?

I would love any feedback!

I've never done it, but I think serializing the result and inserting into a three column table with the query and a expiry date is pretty common. If you were to write your own DB adapters and wrappers (rather than using mysql_* directly), you probably wouldn't even notice the extra code or whatever needed.

I don't think MySQL has anything built in.

Justin French