I have just started using mod-rewrite, and have two questions...

I see everywhere on the net that I can change file names to lower case -
at present they are an ex-Windows based mess of upper and lower.  But I
can't see anywhere how to actually do it, just that it is possible.

Also, I use
RewriteRule ^comm/(.*).php /comm.php?C=$1
to change comm.php?C=abc to a more search engine friendly comm/abc.php.
But this leaves gives the effect of being in a different folder, and
relative URLS within that page no longer work correctly.  Is there a
Clever Fix?  Or do I have to change to absolute URLS?  And if absolute
is absolutely necessary, should I include the domain name?

--
Pete Clark