I had a couple pages that had used a few 'a href' links to create a URL
like this:

http://mydomain.com/profile.php?cid=6

When you clicked the link, it went to the profile.php page, which had
the following code snippet:

foreach($_GET as $varname => $value)
     $formVars[$varname] = trim($value);

This worked great when the server had 'register globals' set to on.

However, desiring to tighten up the security of the server a bit, I
turned register globals to off.

Now the above code snippet doesn't work.

I've done quite a bit of searching and reading and haven't yet come up
with a similar substitute (and I'm still learning PHP) for creating the
variable array from the GET.

What does work is:

$cid = $_GET($varname);

But that is only for when a single variable is passed, not when a bunch
of them get passed and need to be put into an array.

Would appreciate any tips.

Thanks
Kevin