On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:11:20 -0700, Lindsay Adams
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>If you don't want to rewrite any of your existing code, consider the
>behavior of frames.
>If you make a frameset with a 0 height for the top frame, and then
>use the
>bottom frame for everything, then the URL in the location/address
>bar in the
>browser will not ever change.
>
>This only requires that you create a frameset as your default page,
>and
>rename your old default page. (don't forget to create a blank page
>for that
>invisible top frame, or you will get a no data present or file not
>found
>error, and your user won't know why)
>
>While this won't prevent people from seeing the code if they open
>the lower
>frame in a new window, but they probably won't think of it.

ha, well it depends on the browser but in IE (the most widely used)
when you click 'view source' from the right click menu you will see
the source for the frame you're on. when you click it from the
toolbar you see the source for the frameset. Mine (I'm a special case
I know) even has this feature where you can highlight just the form
part of a page and hit 'view partial source' and see just the form
html -> hidden fields and all.