Hello Gray,

could you possibly use some case clauses? Lets say you use 7 case clauses for the week. And each day has a random number. So you do a random on Monday and then you sort it out int the "monday" case statement and so on.

Just an idea,

Merlin

I.A. Gray wrote:
Hi,

My brain is working very slowly this morning (maybe that is because of
having 5hrs sleep...)
Could someone help me with this problem.

I would like to show a different CD with information on it, on the home page
each week- a kind of 'recording of the week' and I would also like to have
on the same page something that changes every day.

The recordings are in a MYSQL database and I would like all of them (there
are 29 at present) to be shown over how ever long it would take to get
through them (in this case 29 weeks) and then once they have all been shown
this would then repeat.  I would like them to be shown in a random order and
make sure that the recording hasn't been shown within the 29.  The same goes
for the other project which uses a mysql database which I would like to
rotate daily (in this case there are 103 items)

Obviously if I use PHP random functions this will always return a random
number, but how do I produce a random number which relates to the day or
week of the year?