Hello,

On 10/01/2004 11:15 AM, Olaf Van Der Spek wrote:
That is not a crash. Your script making a PHP function request 600MB of memory. Since it exceeds the configured memory limit, there is no way to recover from memory exhaustion and the script just exits cleanly. It

BTW, I don't agree. It's easily possible to recover from this error. Just return NULL and the gzinflate function will return false.

If you think that is a good idea, why don't you just write a patch and discuss about it in php-dev mailing list?

Because (some of) the PHP developers don't consider this a bug. I doubt the patch would be accepted.

If you want to solve the situation differently, you need to propose an alternative to the actual developers that may discuss and consider your alternative. That certainly won't happen in php-general because most of those developers do not read this list.

Some developers opposing does not mean, that all developers against it. Chances are that if you propose a alternative solution in php-dev, maybe some developers agree and commit a patch or something more agreeable to them.

If you do not think that discussing your alternative solution is worth doing in php-dev, I do not think that keep discussing it php-general is helping anybody.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/