> A work around I've used in the past has been to use a keyed array such as:
> $MyEnums = array(
> "is" => "This",
> "at" => "That",
> "er" => "Other"
> );

Only problem is that the above doesn't address my need (which I
included in a subsequent post and probably should have included
in my initial post).
In order to use the above, I'd have to add it to the global scope
and I'm not too keen on that.  I tried using define(), but that doesn't
seem to like defining arrays as constants.  It would just have been
very nice if PHP4 could have allowed access to a class' member
variable w/o the need for instantiating the class.

thnx,
Chris