Newsgroups: php.general
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 7:23 AM
Subject: Sessions not destroyed

Hello,

we have a severe problem with seesions.

We use Apache 1.3.31 with PHP 4.3.9 as Apache module in Windows 2000

In our php.ini we have

session.gc_probability = 100
session.gc_dividend    = 100
session.gc_maxlifetime = 120

But even after 20 minutes the session file is still there.
And the session file ist also not deleted if we then stop the apache service.

Has anybody an idea ?

TIA

Hendrik Schmieder

NTFS

but you claim about FAT is wrong for PHP >= 4.2.3 :
Since PHP 4.2.3 it has used mtime (modified date) instead of atime. So, you won't have problems with filesystems where atime tracking is not available.
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php>

 Hendrik