Hi,
I have seen this functionality in a PERL
program/script and would like to do the same
thing...but in php.

The way the script worked was, you give it a url:
http://somesite.com/pics-and-movies.html

pics-and-movies.html (the above example page) would
contain something like:

the scipt would find ONLY the links pointing to either
a .jpg or a .mpg and then display the size of each.

This is how far I have come:
1: via fopen download the entire page (done)

2: scan the page for all where href ends with .jpg or
mpg (cant work out logic for this)

3: send the names and url to a function to get the
sizes of each (did this with help from the php manual!
yeahhh!!)

biggest problem I have come accross is that the link
can be written like this
<a class='blah' href='pic.jpg'>
etc

HOW are these guys doing it? anybody? (I think I need
regex here...but dont know regex :-((  )

Thanks,
Mag

=====
------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)