From: "Brent Clements" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 1:22 AM
Subject: [PHP] strip out wierd characters in a string

Hi Guys,
 I think that a string that I'm grabbing from a website was actually created
using ms-word. If I echo the string out, it has a question mark in it.

If you look at the website, the text is fine
ie"string some more text"

but when I grab it from the website, and then echo the string, I get.

"string? some more text"

I have tried doing this

echo str_replace("?", " ", $text);

but it still print's out the ?. I think it's because the string itself has a
wierd binary character in it or something.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Brent