On 18/10/2004, at 4:03 PM, Manuel Lemos wrote:

On 10/18/2004 02:23 AM, Justin French wrote:
I was hoping to do this with an educated guess based on user input like country, state and town, rather than by asking the user (who isn't too technically minded) to decide.

One easy way to do what you want is to use the Javascript Date object getTimeZoneOffset() function to fill in some form hidden field to pass the timezone offset to the server.

It relies on Javascript but it does exactly what you want.

Manuel, knowing the user's TZ via JS doesn't help me know the TZ of the event (which may be in a different zone to the user) unfortunately... and I'd rather not trust a client side variable like that regardless.

Thanks anyway!

Justin