Hi all,

  Now as gif support is again in, I revised my patches for GIF creation
for gd-2.0.28 and PHP.  My patches may make it into gd-2.0.29, possibly
modified, so the interface may still change if Thomas Boutell has better
ideas for it.  But anyway, here are patches for gd-2.0.28, php-5.0.2 and
perl module GD-2.16 for optimized gif animation functions:

http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/sw/

  Using the functions is not easy, as you need to take into account a lot
of things when preparing the images and parameters for the functions.
Still, the functions make it possible to generate pretty well optimized
images without calling external programs and without using too much
resources.

  I hope people can test this patch and suggest improvements, and that
eventually the patch makes it into php-4 and php-5.  I'll try to include
examples and updated manual patches for the new functions on that page
later.  Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions or
suggestions!

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com