On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 14:07, Mag wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a requirment to dynamically brighten, darken or
> add/remove contrast from a thumbnail image, since I
> cannot do this in GD I was thinking of doing this in
> ImageMagik, but searching google I cannot find many
> tutorials and even visiting the image magik site i
> only see that it can be used with php but no examples
> were given.
>
> Any idea of any classes that use imagemagik to do the
> above or you have any code taht does the above or can
> recommend some tutorials that do that above, please
> reply.

Your looking to use the mogrify component of ImageMagick

$ mogrify -contrast (to enhance)
$ mogrify +contrast (to reduce)

You could use one of PHP's program execution functions to call mogrify
as above.

exec('mogrify -contrast' . $image . '> /dev/null 2>&1 &');

or something like that..

--

Brian        GnuPG -> KeyID: 0x04A4F0DC | Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 04A4F0DC
Key Info: http://gfx-design.com/keys
aGEhIGJldCB5b3UgdGhpbmsgeW91IHByZXR0eSBzbGljayBmb3IgZmlndXJpbmcgb3V0I
GhvdyB0byBkZWNvZGUgdGhpcy4gVG9vIGJhZCBpdCBoYXMgbm8gc2VjcmV0IGluZm8gaW
4gaXQgaGV5Pwo=