Brent Clements wrote:
>Just so we are all clear. It doesn't matter which linux
>distribution you use as long as the distribution supports the
>ppc architecture which most do. As long as you have the gnu
>compiler suite and all associated tools and libraries, php will
>compile fine.

That makes sense; I had a suspicion this might be the case. I have no experience with SUSE (just RedHat and Gentoo), but I'd imagine it has all the requisite GNU compilation tools.

>From: "Pierre Ancelot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>yes, use debian: http://www.debian.org and study the apt system
>you'll get no problem. (php 5 is not in "sarge" which is what
>you should use but compiling php5 on it gives no problem.) and
>debian supports very well ppc...

Unfortunately we're stuck with SUSE (pre-installed with the IBM OpenPower series servers). My company wants to stick with it. I won't complain too much though; as long as it's linux, I'm ok.

--
Aaron Gould
Parts Canada - Web Developer