How come sometimes I get this message and sometimes I dont?

[Fri Apr  6 13:49:15 2001] [error] PHP Warning:  3 is not a valid
PostgreSQL lin
k resource in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ltt-dev/htdocs/formproc.php3
on line 134

It worked fine until I upgraded to PHP4 and now a bunch of code is
broken - so I'm having to rewrite it.  That really sucks.  Anybody
else have this problem?  I really would like to get in touch with
someone who uses postgres with php but i dont know any one else
that uses this software.  Any help is appreciated
kris