On Wednesday 03 November 2004 11:21, Murray @ PlanetThoughtful wrote:

Please do not top post.

> I wasn't under the impression that posting 18ish lines of code would be
> thought of as inconsiderate, but thank you for the pointer all the same.

Keeping your code concise is as much a benefit for you as well as for others:

1) Very often, the process of constructing a simplified example to illustrate
your problem will enable you to solve the problem yourself; or at least to
see what you're doing wrong and thus allowing you to ask a more intelligent
and precise question.

2) I (and I suspect most others) will be much more inclined to look at a few
lines of code than to look at several tens of lines of code.

3) Assuming one is not put off by the amount of code, it is a lot easier to
look through a few lines of code than to look through  dozens of lines of
code.

> Btw, have you noticed that your signature is about 12 lines long? I assume
> that goes out on all of your messages, not just the once-off of my post?

That's why you should trim your posts (and get yourself a decent mail client
that auto snips signatures).