Hi All,

I'm trying to match a particular pattern in a multi-line string. The string
might look like:

<string>

Some text.

Some more text.

[[ft1: An example of the search string [[fn2]]]]

[[ft2: Another example of a search string]]

Extra text

</string>

In this case, I'm trying to perform a preg_match using the following
expression:

preg_match("/^\[\[ft".$fn[1].":(.*)\]\]$/m",$content,$ft);

In the above example, the preg_match would be applied twice, once with a
$fn[1] value of 1, the second time with a $fn[1] value of 2. The $content
variable contains the string above.

I'm attempting to accommodate a situation where the target string might
contain "]]" before I want the capture to finish, as in the first example
above. I'm hoping to return both the whole value matched by the preg_match,
as well as the content of the matched string after the ":" character up to
the final closing "]]" for the line.

In essence, the closing "]]" for the match should always be at the end of
the line.

My attempt to build a pattern, as above, isn't working. I'm wondering if
anyone can give me some advice on how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance and much warmth,

Murray