Greg Donald wrote:

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:40:30 +0600, raditha dissanayake
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You know you're a geek when you know which list deals with which top
and when you know that subselects in mysql is not much faster than the
nested loop you have been using.

Can you point me to some benchmarks that support this claim? Thanks.

Sorry no benchmarks, i am talking from personal experience where I converted some code from a php nested loop to mysql. I was rather surprised by the results. I will concede that I may not have optimized the query properly or that I may not have had the correct indexes, but since I have been doing this for quite a few years i like to think i got the query right. (feel free to deflate my ego :-) )

--
Raditha Dissanayake.