Hi Klaus,

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Klaus Reimer wrote:
> > The weirdness comes when in one frame the script will print "Agent Smith"
> > while in the other frame of the same frameset the script which loads on it
> > will print "Thomas Anderson"...
>
> Are both frames loaded at the same time? It's not possible to have two
> concurrently running scripts access the same session at the same time

Yes, both are loaded at the same time, I mean, in the same frameset. I
don't use trans_sid, and I don't pass the SID constant nor the
session_name()=session_id() as a GET to the frame src's referred from the
frameset, so I relay on cookies. Both scripts also do a check against a
database to see if the session id stored on it is the same as the session
id which the login script stored in the $_SESSION array, for that
username, so it is supposed that every username logged on the scripts
would have one unique session id...

> always use session_start() in the PHP code. Maybe the auto_start session
>   behaves differently. Maybe you can try disabling auto_start and start
> the session manually. I don't think it make a difference, but who knows.

I should try it anyway, indeed. Also, do you think that with using another
session handler (mm perhaps) instead of files the execution could speed up
or avoid file problems?. The load of the servers is not that high anyway.

I forgot to mention, I'm also using Turck MMCache as cache and
optimizer... I don't know if this could cause something weird (wouldn't
sound logical, but...). Turck MMCache version is 2.4.6.

> On the other hand: Have you checked that your disk has enough room for
> more sessions? Maybe you are working on the bleeding edge of your

Yes, I thought it too, but it still has some Gb of free space. I also
checked for problems with available file handlers/excesive opened files on
the OS side, but everything seems normal.

Thank you,
Rodolfo.