To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

On 15 November 2004 06:13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Looks like you're making it way more complicated than it
> needs to be. PHP
> will automatically tack on the Session ID tag to your local
> url's, but only
> if it needs to. There is no need to append the SID to url's manually.

Not to most URLs, no, but if the SID is being passed in the URL you *must*
append it to any header("Location: ...") URL.

Fortunately, this, too, is easy, and the OP was making it way more
complicated than it needs to be! ;)  The constant SID only contains the
session name and id *when it needs to* -- otherwise it's defined as the
empty string.  So you can unconditionally append it to URLs and get the
right result:

   header('Location: simple2.php?'.SID);

The only tidying-up you might want to do, if you're really obsessional about
neatness, is suppress the '?' if SID is empty, so:

   header('Location: simple2.php'.SID?('?'.SID):'');

I can't see any benefit in applying strip_tags() to SID, unless you're
terminally paranoid -- as it's generated internally by PHP, there shouldn't
be any way it can contain anything that strip_tags() would defend against.

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]