thanks Jay,

exactly what I needed and it works like a charm!

Angelo

>>> "Jay Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/18/2004
4:46:36 PM >>>
[snip]
However when I want to display this field in HTML I have a problem
that
its all bunched into 1 paragraph, obviously because there are no <p>
or
get
this to work is to to insert <p> or <br> statements in the paragraph
but
when the user then edits the paragraph in the textarea it will show
the
probably
delete them. Is there a way to get around this?? either displaying the
blank line or by hiding the HTML tags in the textarea (but still
saving
the paragraph with them in)
[/snip]

Have a look at TFM http://www.php.net/nl2br
Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911