Ryan King wrote:
I agree. I can't imagine that having more whitespace characters in a script will significantly effect the performance of said script. I would guess that there would always be more significant issues to deal with in regards to performance- php compiling and optimizing SQL queries being chief in my mind. Its silly and inefficient (work-wise) to optimize the small issues in programming. Just remember, "Premature optimization is the root of all evil." (Knuth)

Wait... I'm writing an extension to remove spaces and convert double quotes to single and use echo instead of print... are you saying that's silly? Bah!

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com