You should enable php_mysql module in your php.ini file.

-- Manoj Kr. Sheoran

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Mealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 10:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Mysql Connect Help

A seemingly simple problem, still confounding me.

The following line of code:
mysql_connect('database','user','password'); [with values of course]

Generates the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/phptest.php on line 3

My PHP info page says that PHP (4.3) was compiled with MySQL, and
extensions_dir is correct (although the extensions_dir itself is empty, but
I don't know if this matters).  So PHP itself is working.

I installed MySQL 4.1 from RPM (client and server RPMs) on Redhat 8.0 this
morning.

Thanks for any help,
Nathan
--