On 22/11/2004, at 7:02 AM, Perry Jönsson wrote:

What it the purpose of the ".inc" file then?

It gives you a way of knowing what's a directly executable file (like index.php) and what's an included file. Further, I disallow the direct serving of all .inc files in my htaccess, so that people can't directly browse an include file which should not be executed on their own, and should not be served to a browser direct as text (like passwords).

Better still, store all your includes outside the document root, but that's another story.

Justin