[snip]
> One is checking if $_POST contains a specific value, the other just checks to
> see if it contains a value. If $_POST['submit'] contains 'foo' is ISSET. Make
> sense?

Maybe a daft question but why would you like to check for a specific value?

Can you give an example when this is a good thing to do?
[/snip]

Let's say that I have several buttons on a page...I can check the value of the
one that was clicked (provided they all have a different name or value) and
process a case statement based on that value. Or, if I need a field to be a
specific value I can check it.