* Thus wrote Travis Conway:
> I do not know much about the history of php and do not know why there is
> active development on both the 4 and 5 major versions, but is there a
> definite reason for me to migrate from 4 to 5 on my servers?

The active development on php4 is strictly to fix bugs or security
issues. If your current code works on any 4.3.X versions, it probably
is best to keep it there unless something you need to require an
application that is dependent on php5.

php5 is the newest version available, providing (as mentioned) an
improved OOP interface and includes (by default) xmllib 2 for xml
processing.

>From my experience, I've had to just modify about 5 lines of code
to make a 1000+ line php4 application to run on php5.

At this point of time it isn't really necessary to upgrade unless
you are developing new applications for php.

Curt
--
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."