Marek Kilimajer wrote:
Gary Reimer wrote:

Hello;

I’m working on a website that uses sessions as an integral part of the site. If cookies are not turned on in the browser, my site will not work. I’ve been searching unsuccessfully to find the way to determine if the browser has cookies enabled. I want to warn the user that the site won’t work if they have cookies turned off. There must be some global variable that tells me. Could someone help me out?

If the cookie you set is not send back, the cookies are turned off (unless you screwed up). You can redirect user to a "turn on your cookies" page at a point where cookies are really required and none is send.
and how would you know that? unless you specify an "alternative" string using GET ofcourse