To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

On 02 December 2004 13:22, Robert Sossomon wrote:

> But what I don't understand is why sometimes
> '$_POST[variable]' works and why
> sometimes it will only work when it is '$_POST['variable']' .
>
> Even through my reading and examples I see it both ways, so anyone
> able to give me a direction to go with it?  I am thinking of just
> changing my coding to put it the second way, but...???

It's valid to put unquoted array subscripts inside a double-quoted string;
it's not valid anywhere else.  Look at the comment at the start of the
second example at
http://uk.php.net/manual/en/language.types.string.php#language.types.string.
parsing.simple for the official position on this.

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]